Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Tsunami of Mania

So, I have been fully manic for almost 3 weeks now. Last Thursday, during a rain storm, I actually went psychotic. I thought I was the physical embodiment of the actual Aslan. I thought I was a real lion.

It was bad.

Thankfully, this stay impatient to regulate meds was short and effective. Now I'm on Lithium and Resprodal. And even though it seemed like the whole city of Baltimore was after me, I'm still here.

Granted, I'm in Frederick right now, but I'm still alive. I didn't break any laws, and I haven't spent all my money.

Score 1 for the Jimster!

I'm learning that, when manic, and especially when I'm angry during mania, I must slow myself down, and do one thing at a time.

Score 2!

Please know bipolar meds DO NOT cure my condition. They help me cope with my insane highs and deadly lows. They create homeostasis-- or at least help me attempt to stay even.

The psychosis I've experienced happened WHILE medicated.

I just have a new and more effective support system: Meds, Friends, Music, Art

These are my Anti-Drug

So to say.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Love Y'all

3 comments:

  1. U. It was exra fun the,night when,mark insisted on trying to out-crazy you.

    The whole thing,was utter fascinating to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jim!
    i noticed the Aslan thing the other day and just thought it was a shout-out to the books, it does switch out nicely with Alan :) glad to hear things didn't go totally awry and that your new med combo is helping. hope to see you soon!
    gena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading, but thank you more for caring. Both help me more than I can quantify in words.

    ReplyDelete